NHS Trusts and Private Healthcare providers are faced with the dilemma of having to decide whether to commit to one of the traditional options:
- a lower initial cost preventative maintenance program with the risk of a higher cost for a break-fix response,
- or a higher initial cost for a fully comprehensive programme mitigating risk for a premium cost.
When Mi Healthcare was approached by a large NHS Trust we used our experience, hardware knowledge and understanding of their needs to provide access to information such as:
- Reliability data to establish priority for maintenance.
- Ways to evaluate, refurbish and upgrade equipment so that it remained within manufacturers specification at an appropriate cost
We then, in conjunction with key decision makers in the Trust designed:
- Easy to understand models that provide the most effective maintenance for the lowest cost.
- Procurement strategies for replacement parts based on the reliability prediction.
- Optimized maintenance based on equipment KPIs to deliver appropriately planned schedules for preventative inspections and minimise repair costs.
Positive Outcomes and what Mi Healthcare can do for you.
Mi Options now gives our customers the Option of providing fully comprehensive contracts mitigating all risk without the traditional cost premium. This together with multi-year flexibility provides bespoke solutions to save Healthcare providers up to 50% over the next 3 to 10 years whilst supporting selected units or entire imaging suites by properly allocating resources and extending the life of assets. Mi Healthcare is currently working with both the NHS and Private Healthcare service providers to implement maintenance optimization solutions.